There are schools offering paramedic programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a paramedic program is Arkansas Tech University, which is located in Russellville. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. no students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Arkansas Tech University in 2010. Tuition at Arkansas Tech University was $4,804 per year.
Southeast Arkansas College, which is located in Pine Bluff, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southeast Arkansas College graduated 39 students from its paramedic program. Southeast Arkansas College charged in-state students $2,760 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas with a paramedic program is Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute, which is located in Forrest City. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 3 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute in 2010. The tuition rate at Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute was $1,350 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas paramedic school, average tuition will be $2,268 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,350 per year to $4,990 per year. In 2010, the following Arkansas paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home - located in Mountain Home, students are charged $2,910 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
A paramedic certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a paramedic. 2,120 paramedics were working in Arkansas in 2010. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of paramedics work in the following counties:
- Clay County - 430 paramedics
- Faulkner County - 400 paramedics
- Arkansas County - 300 paramedics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,170 paramedics will be working in Arkansas state. This would require the number of paramedics to grow by 20%.
On average, paramedics earn $28,820 per year. In 2010, however, some Arkansas paramedics earned as little as less than $16,100 per year or as much as more than $54,640 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Baxter County - $33,680 per year
- Benton County - $31,030 per year
- Craighead County - $30,760 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Cleburne County - $24,530 per year
- Faulkner County - $27,660 per year
- Arkansas County - $27,980 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Arkansas
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Arkansas
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,120||$28,820||-3.2%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||70||$27,940|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Arkansas