There are schools offering personal training certifications in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a personal training program is Harding University, which is located in Searcy. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, Harding University graduated 5 students from its personal training program. The tuition rate at Harding University was $14,040 per year.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a personal training program. It is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Arkansas State University-Main Campus personal training program. Arkansas State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $6,640 in tuition fees per year.
University of Arkansas, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a personal training program. It is located in Fayetteville. Students at University of Arkansas paid $6,768 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas personal training school, average tuition will be $9,411 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,275 per year to $19,820 per year. In 2010, the following Arkansas personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Ouachita Baptist University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $19,820 per year
- Harding University - located in Searcy, students are charged $14,040 per year
- University of Central Arkansas - located in Conway, students are charged $6,908 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arkansas personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Henderson State University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $5,275 per year
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus - located in Magnolia, students are charged $6,426 per year
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus - located in Jonesboro, students are charged $6,640 per year
A personal training degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Arkansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,390 Arkansas personal trainers as of 2010. The largest populations of Arkansas personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Benton County - 460 personal trainers
- Faulkner County - 420 personal trainers
- Cleburne County - 110 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,510 personal trainers working in the Arkansas then.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $26,530 per year in Arkansas state. However, Arkansas personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,470 per year to more than $53,930 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Craighead County - $30,290 per year
- Faulkner County - $29,720 per year
- Benton County - $27,410 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Arkansas County - $17,670 per year
- Garland County - $18,220 per year
- Crawford County - $22,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Arkansas
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||1,390||$26,530||49.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Arkansas