There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Arkansas
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Arkansas receive respiratory therapy degrees every year. That means an estimated 54 respiratory therapists graduate from Arkansas' 10 respiratory therapy schools each year.
Southeast Arkansas College, which is located in Pine Bluff, is the top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southeast Arkansas College graduated 5 students from its respiratory therapy program. Southeast Arkansas College charged in-state students $2,760 in tuition fees per year.
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home, which was ranked 84th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Mountain Home. 5 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Arkansas State University-Mountain Home in 2010. Tuition at Arkansas State University-Mountain Home was $2,910 per year.
University of Arkansas Community College-Hope, which is located in Hope, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from University of Arkansas Community College-Hope in 2010. Students at University of Arkansas Community College-Hope paid $1,943 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Arkansas' respiratory therapy schools ranges from $2,910 per year to $1,868 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,189 per year. In 2010, the following Arkansas respiratory therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home - located in Mountain Home, students are charged $2,910 per year
- Pulaski Technical College - located in North Little Rock, students are charged $2,840 per year
- Southeast Arkansas College - located in Pine Bluff, students are charged $2,760 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Arkansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- South Arkansas Community College - located in El Dorado, students are charged $1,868 per year
- University of Arkansas Community College-Hope - located in Hope, students are charged $1,943 per year
- Black River Technical College - located in Pocahontas, students are charged $1,968 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
A large number of Arkansas respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. 920 respiratory therapists were working in Arkansas in 2010. The largest populations of Arkansas respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 310 respiratory therapists
- Benton County - 110 respiratory therapists
- Crawford County - 100 respiratory therapists
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $46,770 per year in Arkansas state. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Arkansas had varying salaries from $26,940 to $68,830 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Arkansas counties:
- Faulkner County - $51,240 per year
- Garland County - $48,620 per year
- Benton County - $47,910 per year
The following counties in Arkansas have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Clay County - $39,570 per year
- Cleburne County - $40,380 per year
- Arkansas County - $43,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Arkansas
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||370||$40,070||32.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Arkansas