There are schools offering social work degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Arkansas
Harding University, which is located in Searcy, is the top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Harding University graduated 16 students from its social work program. Tuition at Harding University was $14,040 per year.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a social work program. It is located in Jonesboro. 47 students graduated with degree in social work from Arkansas State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Arkansas State University-Main Campus paid $6,640 per year in tuition fees.
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, which is located in Pine Bluff, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 50th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff graduated 18 students from its social work programs. University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff charged in-state students $5,033 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas social work school, average tuition will be $7,090 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,150 per year to $14,040 per year. The Arkansas social work schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Harding University - located in Searcy, students are charged $14,040 per year
- Central Baptist College - located in Conway, students are charged $10,760 per year
- Philander Smith College - located in Little Rock, students are charged $9,450 per year
The following Arkansas social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in Helena, students are charged $2,150 per year
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff - located in Pine Bluff, students are charged $5,033 per year
A social work degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of social work graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a social worker. If you decide to work as a social worker in Arkansas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,290 Arkansas social workers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Arkansas social workers:
- Faulkner County - 660 social workers
- Crawford County - 190 social workers
- Benton County - 130 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Arkansas will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,030 social workers working in Arkansas.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $46,740 per year in Arkansas state. In 2010, however, some Arkansas social workers earned as little as less than $22,040 per year or as much as more than $88,640 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Clay County - $51,190 per year
- Faulkner County - $48,530 per year
- Garland County - $48,100 per year
A social worker in the following counties in Arkansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $38,840 per year
- Crawford County - $42,000 per year
- Baxter County - $43,680 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in social work and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Arkansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Arkansas
- Certificate in Social Work in Arkansas
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||1,350||$37,250||-20.6%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,290||$46,740||104.8%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||840||$44,300||44.8%|
|Social Workers, All Other||650||$40,600||75.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Arkansas