There are schools offering sociology degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a sociology program is Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Arkansas State University-Main Campus' sociology program. Students at Arkansas State University-Main Campus paid $6,640 per year in tuition fees.
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, which was ranked 50th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a sociology program. It is located in Pine Bluff. In 2010, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff graduated 5 students from its sociology program. Tuition at University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff was $5,033 per year.
Philander Smith College, which was ranked 50th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a sociology program. It is located in Little Rock. In 2010, Philander Smith College graduated 7 students from its sociology programs. Philander Smith College charged in-state students $9,450 in tuition fees per year.
Sociology schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $10,861 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,040 per year, or as little as $4,804 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arkansas sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hendrix College - located in Conway, students are charged $32,040 per year
- University of the Ozarks - located in Clarksville, students are charged $20,530 per year
- Ouachita Baptist University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $19,820 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arkansas sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff - located in Pine Bluff, students are charged $5,033 per year
- Henderson State University - located in Arkadelphia, students are charged $5,275 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in sociology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Arkansas
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||180||$54,320||200.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Arkansas