There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Arkansas
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Arkansas students graduate with certificates in surgical technology. In other words, every year an estimated 70 surgical technologists graduate from Arkansas' 7 surgical technologist schools.
Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Little Rock. 15 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock in 2010. The tuition rate at Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock was $7,340 per year.
Northwest Technical Institute, which is located in Springdale, is the second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Northwest Technical Institute in 2010. Northwest Technical Institute charged in-state students $2,321 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Arkansas with a surgical technologist program is Southeast Arkansas College, which is located in Pine Bluff. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Southeast Arkansas College surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Southeast Arkansas College was $2,760 per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $2,963 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $7,340 per year, or as little as $1,536 per year. In 2010, the following Arkansas surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Baptist Health Schools-Little Rock - located in Little Rock, students are charged $7,340 per year
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith - located in Fort Smith, students are charged $4,918 per year
- Southeast Arkansas College - located in Pine Bluff, students are charged $2,760 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- South Arkansas Community College - located in El Dorado, students are charged $1,868 per year
- Northwest Technical Institute - located in Springdale, students are charged $2,321 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of surgical technologist graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a surgical technologist. In 2010, there were 970 surgical technologists working in Arkansas. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Faulkner County - 450 surgical technologists
- Crawford County - 90 surgical technologists
- Benton County - 80 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Arkansas will grow by 34%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,370 surgical technologists working in Arkansas.
A surgical technologist in Arkansas makes an average of $34,840 per year. In 2010, however, some Arkansas surgical technologists earned as little as less than $18,910 per year or as much as more than $60,060 per year. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Baxter County - $39,290 per year
- Benton County - $38,740 per year
- Faulkner County - $35,380 per year
The following counties in Arkansas have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Clay County - $27,980 per year
- Arkansas County - $32,400 per year
- Crawford County - $33,360 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Arkansas
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Arkansas
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Arkansas