There are schools offering accounting degrees in California!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California that has a accounting program is University of Southern California. University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 323 students graduated from University of Southern California's accounting program. The tuition rate at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
Claremont McKenna College, which is located in Claremont, is the second-ranked school in California that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Claremont McKenna College graduated 19 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Claremont McKenna College was $40,230 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a accounting program is Scripps College. Scripps College, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Claremont. Students at Scripps College paid $40,450 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,823 per year, though tuition can range from $41,022 per year to $624 per year. In 2010, the following California accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Scripps College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,450 per year
- Claremont McKenna College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,230 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
An accounting degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in California go on to work as an accountant. In 2010, there were 118,550 accountants working in California. The largest populations of California accountants are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 33,880 accountants
- Orange County - 13,520 accountants
- Marin County - 13,350 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 167,100 accountants working in the California then.
An accountant in California earns $74,360 per year on average. In 2010, however, some California accountants earned as little as less than $33,920 per year or as much as more than $136,260 per year. An accountant in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $88,750 per year
- Marin County - $84,590 per year
- Alameda County - $80,160 per year
An accountant in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Del Norte County - $54,500 per year
- Colusa County - $54,700 per year
- Butte County - $57,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in California
- Master's Degree in Accounting in California
- Certificate in Accounting in California
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||184,090||$39,820||-12.1%|
|Accountants and Auditors||118,550||$74,360||1.4%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||57,470||$36,300||1.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||22,940||$42,340||-2.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in California