There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in California!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.3% of California graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 2,776 administrative assistants graduate from California's 153 administrative assistant schools each year.
Pacific Union College, which is located in Angwin, is the top-ranked school in California that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pacific Union College graduated no students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Pacific Union College was $25,221 per year.
The second-ranked school in California that has a administrative assistant program is TechSkills of Sacramento. TechSkills of Sacramento, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Sacramento.
The third-ranked school in California with a administrative assistant program is Central Coast College, which is located in Salinas. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Central Coast College administrative assistant program. Central Coast College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,722 per year, though tuition can range from $25,881 per year to $624 per year. In 2010, the following California administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- La Sierra University - located in Riverside, students are charged $25,881 per year
- Pacific Union College - located in Angwin, students are charged $25,221 per year
- Southern California Institute of Technology - located in Anaheim, students are charged $14,625 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in California pursue careers as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 168,420 California administrative assistants as of 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Los Angeles County - 50,330 administrative assistants
- Orange County - 16,840 administrative assistants
- San Diego County - 16,180 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in California will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 241,900 administrative assistants working in California.
An administrative assistant in California earns $49,760 per year on average. However, California administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,130 per year to more than $83,590 per year in 2010. An administrative assistant in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $57,830 per year
- Marin County - $57,610 per year
- Alameda County - $52,550 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Colusa County - $38,420 per year
- Butte County - $38,770 per year
- Del Norte County - $39,050 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in California
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in California
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||321,790||$31,090||-19.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||168,420||$49,760||-17.1%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||123,950||$36,940||5.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in California