There are schools offering audio engineering programs in California!
Schools Offering Audio Engineering Programs in California
Around 0.1% of California's graduates graduate from audio engineering degree programs every year. That means an estimated 989 audio engineers graduate from California's 32 audio engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a audio engineering program is Cogswell Polytechnical College. Cogswell Polytechnical College, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Sunnyvale. In 2010, Cogswell Polytechnical College graduated 2 students from its audio engineering program. Cogswell Polytechnical College charged in-state students $18,924 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a audio engineering program is Loyola Marymount University, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, Loyola Marymount University graduated 12 students from its audio engineering program. Loyola Marymount University charged in-state students $36,622 in tuition fees per year.
Expression College for Digital Arts, which is located in Emeryville, is the third-ranked school in California that has a audio engineering program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 192 students graduated with degree in audio engineering from Expression College for Digital Arts in 2010. Tuition at Expression College for Digital Arts was $0 per year.
Audio engineering schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $3,428 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,622 per year, or as little as $644 per year. The California audio engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
- Cogswell Polytechnical College - located in Sunnyvale, students are charged $18,924 per year
- The Art Institute of California-Los Angeles - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $18,848 per year
The audio engineering schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
An audio engineering degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio engineering school in California go on to work as an audio engineer. California had 3,820 audio engineers in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of audio engineers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 2,290 audio engineers
- Marin County - 420 audio engineers
- Orange County - 350 audio engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of audio engineers is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,800 audio engineers working in the California then.
An audio engineer in California makes an average of $68,730 per year. In 2010, however, some California audio engineers earned as little as less than $17,950 per year or as much as more than $162,900 per year. The counties in California with the highest average salary for an audio engineer are:
- Los Angeles County - $76,240 per year
- El Dorado County - $70,090 per year
- San Benito County - $67,000 per year
On average, audio engineers earns the least in the following California counties:
- Alameda County - $48,390 per year
- San Diego County - $52,460 per year
- Orange County - $54,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio engineering in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio engineering or audio production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Engineering in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering in California
- Certificate in Audio Engineering in California
Curious what studying Audio Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||8,220||$49,110||16.6%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||3,820||$68,730||15.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio engineering related jobs in California