There are schools offering beauty programs in California!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in California
Lytles Redwood Empire Beauty College Inc, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a beauty program. It is located in Santa Rosa. In 2010, 61 students graduated from Lytles Redwood Empire Beauty College Inc's beauty program.
Asian American International Beauty College, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a beauty program. It is located in Westminster. 225 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Asian American International Beauty College in 2010.
Adrians Beauty College of Turlock, which is located in Turlock, is the third-ranked school in California that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 61st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 83 students graduated from Adrians Beauty College of Turlock beauty program. Tuition at Adrians Beauty College of Turlock was $0 per year.
Beauty schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $171 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $1,500 per year, or as little as $624 per year. The California beauty schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program - located in West Covina, students are charged $1,500 per year
- Butte College - located in Oroville, students are charged $824 per year
- Riverside Community College - located in Riverside, students are charged $817 per year
The beauty schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Lassen Community College - located in Susanville, students are charged $647 per year
A beauty certificate from a California school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs beauty graduates in California pursue include barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, salon manager, and makeup artist. If you decide to work as a beauty professional in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 54,540 California beauty professional as of 2010. This number includes 23,110 hairdressers, barbers, and 4,070 estheticians. The largest populations of California beauty professional are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 14,470 beauty professionals
- San Diego County - 5,900 beauty professionals
- Orange County - 5,880 beauty professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of beauty professionals in the state of California will grow to 81,700. This would require a 14% growth in the field.
On average, beauty professionals earn $44,652 per year. However, this number is only an average. Beauty professional in California had varying salaries from $17,200 to $135,300 per year in 2010. Beauty professionals in the following California counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Monterey County - $52,643 per year
- Sutter County - $52,455 per year
- Lassen County - $52,375 per year
Beauty professionals in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Kings County - $19,380 per year
- Shasta County - $26,525 per year
- Amador County - $27,855 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in California were:
- Makeup Artist - $75,870 per year
- Cosmetology Instructor - $67,230 per year
- Salon Manager - $42,760 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in California were:
- Hairdresser - $25,180 per year
- Barber - $23,380 per year
For more data regarding a career in beauty in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in California
- Certificate in Beauty in California
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||23,110||$25,180||1.2%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||13,880||$42,760||1.1%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||13,060||$67,230||4.6%|
|Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance||420||$75,870||61.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in California