There are schools offering biology degrees in California!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in California
Stanford University, which was ranked 2nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a biology program. It is located in Stanford. In 2010, Stanford University graduated 405 students from its biology program. The tuition rate at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a biology program is University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. 898 students graduated with degree in biology from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. Tuition at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles, is the third-ranked school in California that has a biology program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of California-Los Angeles graduated 452 students from its biology programs. Students at University of California-Los Angeles paid $10,781 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's biology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,458 per year, though tuition can range from $41,130 per year to $624 per year. The California biology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Occidental College - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $40,939 per year
The following California biology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in biology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in California
- Master's Degree in Biology in California
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in California
- Certificate in Biology in California
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||12,120||$74,820||35.1%|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||4,110||$73,350||14.8%|
|Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists||1,900||$70,520||53.2%|
|Soil and Plant Scientists||1,430||$72,050||16.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in California