There are schools offering business administration degrees in California!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in California
Approximately 4.4% of graduates in of California receive business administration degrees every year. Thus, California's 259 business administration schools put out approximately 39,595 general managers each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a business administration program is Stanford University. Stanford University, which was ranked 2nd in the country in 2010, is located in Stanford. 473 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Stanford University in 2010. The tuition rate at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of California-Berkeley graduated 997 students from its business administration program. Students at University of California-Berkeley paid $10,940 per year in tuition fees.
University of California-Los Angeles, which was ranked 5th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a business administration program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, University of California-Los Angeles graduated 733 students from its business administration programs. Students at University of California-Los Angeles paid $10,781 per year in tuition fees.
Business administration schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $8,895 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,022 per year, or as little as $624 per year. In 2010, the following California business administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Claremont McKenna College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,230 per year
- Stanford University - located in Stanford, students are charged $40,172 per year
The business administration schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
A business administration degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business administration school in California go on to work as a general manager. California had 226,480 general managers in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 64,870 general managers
- Orange County - 24,530 general managers
- San Diego County - 20,020 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in California will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 246,000 general managers working in California.
A general manager in California makes an average of $128,440 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $40,080 per year or as much as more than $154,080 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- San Benito County - $152,850 per year
- Marin County - $148,570 per year
- Orange County - $133,560 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Colusa County - $87,060 per year
- Del Norte County - $88,010 per year
- Imperial County - $91,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in California
- Certificate in Business Administration in California
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||27,790||$91,890||8.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in California