There are schools offering business degrees in California!
Schools Offering Business Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a business program is Stanford University, which is located in Stanford. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. 422 students graduated with a degree in business from Stanford University in 2010. Tuition at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a business program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 939 students graduated from University of California-Berkeley business program. University of California-Berkeley charged in-state students $10,940 in tuition fees per year.
University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles, is the third-ranked school in California that has a business program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 818 students graduated from University of California-Los Angeles business program. Tuition at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
Tuition at California's business schools ranges from $41,130 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,440 per year. In 2010, the business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Scripps College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,450 per year
The business schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
A business degree from a California school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in California. In 2010, there were 673,300 business professional working in California, including 68,450 business analysts, 30,980 chief executive officers, and 226,480 operations managers. The largest populations of California business professional are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 187,960 business professionals
- Orange County - 76,590 business professionals
- Marin County - 68,860 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of California will grow to 849,600. This would require a 11% growth in the field.
business professionals in California earn $97,416 per year on average. However, California business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,720 per year to more than $166,190 per year in 2010. On average business professional earn the most in the following California counties:
- Marin County - $112,322 per year
- Napa County - $108,267 per year
- San Benito County - $108,179 per year
Business professionals in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Del Norte County - $71,163 per year
- Lassen County - $75,401 per year
- Butte County - $77,327 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in California were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $198,710 per year
- Financial Manager - $130,040 per year
- Operations Manager - $128,440 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in California were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $69,140 per year
- Credit Counselor - $44,890 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in California
- Master's Degree in Business in California
- Doctoral Degree in Business in California
- Certificate in Business in California
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||118,550||$74,360||1.4%|
|Administrative Services Managers||27,790||$91,890||8.2%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||21,890||$89,770||79.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||8,510||$124,510|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||6,850||$104,210||47.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in California