There are schools offering carpentry programs in California!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in California
California College of the Arts, which is located in Oakland, is the top-ranked school in California that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with a certificate in carpentry from California College of the Arts in 2010. The tuition rate at California College of the Arts was $35,222 per year.
Sierra College, which is located in Rocklin, is the second-ranked school in California that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Sierra College carpentry program. Students at Sierra College paid $668 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California that has a carpentry program is Laney College. Laney College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Oakland. 18 students graduated with certificate in carpentry from Laney College in 2010. Tuition at Laney College was $766 per year.
Carpentry schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $2,878 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $35,222 per year, or as little as $624 per year. In 2010, the carpentry schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- California College of the Arts - located in Oakland, students are charged $35,222 per year
- Palomar College - located in San Marcos, students are charged $826 per year
- Long Beach City College - located in Long Beach, students are charged $802 per year
The carpentry schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
A carpentry certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of carpentry graduates in California pursue careers as a carpenter. In 2010, there were 63,610 carpenters working in California. The California counties with the largest populations of carpenters are:
- Los Angeles County - 10,810 carpenters
- Riverside County - 7,870 carpenters
- Orange County - 7,260 carpenters
The government projects that by 2018, the number of carpenters in the state of California will grow to 148,900. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, a carpenter earns a salary of $54,600 per year in California state. But, salaries for carpenters can vary. In 2010, carpenters made as little as less than $18,940 per year or as much as more than $96,560 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for carpenters:
- Marin County - $67,220 per year
- Santa Cruz County - $63,930 per year
- Monterey County - $63,780 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for carpenters:
- Colusa County - $36,710 per year
- Tulare County - $36,980 per year
- Shasta County - $41,380 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in carpentry. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Carpentry in California
- Master's Degree in Carpentry in California
- Certificate in Carpentry in California
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||8,720||$33,530||-42.3%|
|Woodworkers, All Other||2,050||$25,820||73.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in California