There are schools offering communications degreess in California!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in California
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of California receive communications degrees every year. That means an estimated 6,425 communications professionals graduate from California's 145 communications schools each year.
Stanford University, which was ranked 2nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a communications program. It is located in Stanford. 70 students graduated with a degree in communications from Stanford University in 2010. The tuition rate at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 203 students graduated from University of California-Berkeley communications program. University of California-Berkeley charged in-state students $10,940 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a communications program is University of Southern California. University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 470 students graduated from University of Southern California communications program. Tuition at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
Tuition at California's communications schools ranges from $41,130 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,956 per year. The California communications schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Scripps College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,450 per year
The communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Copper Mountain Community College - located in Joshua Tree, students are charged $625 per year
- Folsom Lake College - located in Folsom, students are charged $644 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in California
- Master's Degree in Communications in California
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in California
- Certificate in Communications in California
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||14,510||$28,680||16.3%|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13,240||$61,800||-27.3%|
|Writers and Authors||6,060||$85,170||25.2%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||3,870||$47,340||-22.1%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||2,510||$57,150||-33.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in California