There are schools offering computer animation classes in California!
Schools Offering Computer Animation Programs in California
Around 0.1% of California's graduates graduate from computer animation degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,001 computer animators graduate from California's 79 computer animation schools.
Cogswell Polytechnical College, which is located in Sunnyvale, is the top-ranked school in California that has a computer animation program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with a degree in computer animation from Cogswell Polytechnical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Cogswell Polytechnical College was $18,924 per year.
Loyola Marymount University, which is located in Los Angeles, is the second-ranked school in California that has a computer animation program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Loyola Marymount University graduated 12 students from its computer animation program. Students at Loyola Marymount University paid $36,622 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California with a computer animation program is Video Symphony EnterTraining Inc, which is located in Burbank. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 19 students graduated with degree in computer animation from Video Symphony EnterTraining Inc in 2010. Video Symphony EnterTraining Inc charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Computer animation schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $7,192 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,622 per year, or as little as $648 per year. The California computer animation schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
- California College of the Arts - located in Oakland, students are charged $35,222 per year
- Art Center College of Design - located in Pasadena, students are charged $32,168 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California computer animation schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
- Santa Monica College - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $652 per year
A computer animation degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer animation school in California go on to work as a computer animator. In 2010, there were 8,440 computer animators working in California. The California counties with the largest populations of computer animators are:
- Los Angeles County - 4,460 computer animators
- Marin County - 1,700 computer animators
- San Benito County - 560 computer animators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 27,100 computer animators will be working in California state. This would require the number of computer animators to grow by 8%.
On average, a computer animator earns a salary of $74,560 per year in California state. However, this number is only an average. computer animators in California had varying salaries from $25,320 to $119,890 per year in 2010. On average a computer animator earns the most in the following California counties:
- San Benito County - $81,360 per year
- Los Angeles County - $76,920 per year
- Alameda County - $74,190 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for computer animators:
- Riverside County - $53,070 per year
- San Diego County - $60,060 per year
- El Dorado County - $63,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in computer animation and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as design or computer animation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Animation in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Animation in California
- Master's Degree in Computer Animation in California
- Certificate in Computer Animation in California
Curious what studying Computer Animation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||8,440||$74,560||29.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer animation related jobs in California