There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in California!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.1% of California graduates receive degrees in computer engineering. Thus, California's 30 computer engineering schools put out approximately 1,292 computer engineers each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a computer engineering program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. 45 students graduated with a degree in computer engineering from University of California-Los Angeles in 2010. Tuition at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
The second-ranked school in California that has a computer engineering program is University of Southern California. University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, University of Southern California graduated 35 students from its computer engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
University of California-San Diego, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a computer engineering program. It is located in La Jolla. In 2010, University of California-San Diego graduated 58 students from its computer engineering programs. The tuition rate at University of California-San Diego was $11,306 per year.
Tuition at California's computer engineering schools ranges from $41,022 per year to $4,810 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,003 per year. In 2010, the computer engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Santa Clara University - located in Santa Clara, students are charged $37,368 per year
- University of the Pacific - located in Stockton, students are charged $34,100 per year
The following California computer engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- California State University-Long Beach - located in Long Beach, students are charged $4,810 per year
- California State University-Fullerton - located in Fullerton, students are charged $4,858 per year
- California State University-Fresno - located in Fresno, students are charged $4,879 per year
A computer engineering degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California computer engineering graduates become computer engineers. In 2010, there were 17,780 computer engineers working in California. The California counties with the largest populations of computer engineers are:
- San Benito County - 7,990 computer engineers
- San Diego County - 1,760 computer engineers
- Alameda County - 1,620 computer engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer engineers in the state of California will grow to 19,700. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
On average, computer engineers earn $111,230 per year. In 2010, however, some California computer engineers earned as little as less than $36,550 per year or as much as more than $165,330 per year. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a computer engineer are:
- Santa Barbara County - $163,370 per year
- San Benito County - $118,970 per year
- Marin County - $118,880 per year
A computer engineer in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Riverside County - $76,210 per year
- Monterey County - $88,040 per year
- San Diego County - $90,720 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in computer engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in California
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in California
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Engineering in California
- Certificate in Computer Engineering in California
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||17,780||$111,230||-17.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in California