There are schools offering computer networking courses in California!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.2% of California students graduate with degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 2,043 computer network administrators graduate from California's 119 computer networking schools.
University of Southern California, which is located in Los Angeles, is the top-ranked school in California that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 7th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from University of Southern California in 2010. Tuition at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
TechSkills of Sacramento, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a computer networking program. It is located in Sacramento. In 2010, TechSkills of Sacramento graduated 42 students from its computer networking program.
Ventura Adult and Continuing Education, which is located in Ventura, is the third-ranked school in California that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ventura Adult and Continuing Education graduated 16 students from its computer networking programs. The tuition rate at Ventura Adult and Continuing Education was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,770 per year, though tuition can range from $41,022 per year to $624 per year. The California computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Coleman University - located in San Diego, students are charged $35,200 per year
- Mt Sierra College - located in Monrovia, students are charged $18,096 per year
The computer networking schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A computer networking degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer networking graduates in California pursue careers as a computer network administrator. California had 37,160 computer network administrators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California computer network administrators:
- Los Angeles County - 9,150 computer network administrators
- San Benito County - 4,580 computer network administrators
- Marin County - 4,290 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in California will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 44,500 computer network administrators working in California.
A computer network administrator in California makes an average of $80,300 per year. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- San Benito County - $98,240 per year
- Marin County - $92,220 per year
- Alameda County - $82,700 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for computer network administrators are:
- Del Norte County - $54,970 per year
- Shasta County - $58,740 per year
- Lassen County - $58,840 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in California
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in California
- Certificate in Computer Networking in California
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,710||$67,720||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in California