There are schools offering cosmetology programs in California!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in California
Lytles Redwood Empire Beauty College Inc, which is located in Santa Rosa, is the top-ranked school in California that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. 61 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Lytles Redwood Empire Beauty College Inc in 2010.
The second-ranked school in California with a cosmetology program is Asian American International Beauty College, which is located in Westminster. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, Asian American International Beauty College graduated 225 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in California with a cosmetology program is Adrians Beauty College of Turlock, which is located in Turlock. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, 84 students graduated from Adrians Beauty College of Turlock cosmetology program. The tuition rate at Adrians Beauty College of Turlock was $0 per year.
Tuition at California's cosmetology schools ranges from $1,500 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $171 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program - located in West Covina, students are charged $1,500 per year
- Butte College - located in Oroville, students are charged $824 per year
- Riverside Community College - located in Riverside, students are charged $817 per year
The following California cosmetology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Lassen Community College - located in Susanville, students are charged $647 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in California pursue careers as a cosmetologist. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 23,110 California cosmetologists as of 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Los Angeles County - 5,030 cosmetologists
- San Diego County - 2,940 cosmetologists
- Riverside County - 2,550 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 46,900 cosmetologists working in the California then.
On average, cosmetologists earn $25,180 per year. But, salaries for cosmetologists can vary. In 2010, cosmetologists made as little as less than $17,200 per year or as much as more than $61,270 per year in California. A cosmetologist in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Marin County - $35,940 per year
- Santa Cruz County - $31,690 per year
- Alameda County - $29,080 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Shasta County - $18,970 per year
- Imperial County - $19,200 per year
- Tulare County - $19,280 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in California
- Certificate in Cosmetology in California
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||23,110||$25,180||1.2%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||13,360||$20,070||42.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in California