There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in California!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in California
Around 0.0% of California's graduates graduate from crime scene investigation degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 300 crime scene investigators graduate from California's 18 crime scene investigation schools.
The top-ranked school in California with a crime scene investigation program is University of California-Davis, which is located in Davis. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, University of California-Davis graduated 7 students from its crime scene investigation program. Students at University of California-Davis paid $11,958 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California that has a crime scene investigation program is California State University-Los Angeles. California State University-Los Angeles, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 31 students graduated from California State University-Los Angeles crime scene investigation program. Tuition at California State University-Los Angeles was $4,848 per year.
City College of San Francisco, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in San Francisco. 11 students graduated with degree in crime scene investigation from City College of San Francisco in 2010. Students at City College of San Francisco paid $734 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a California crime scene investigation school, average tuition will be $2,302 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $658 per year to $11,958 per year. In 2010, the following California crime scene investigation schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of California-Davis - located in Davis, students are charged $11,958 per year
- National University - located in La Jolla, students are charged $11,088 per year
- California State University-Los Angeles - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $4,848 per year
The crime scene investigation schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- Fresno City College - located in Fresno, students are charged $658 per year
- San Diego Miramar College - located in San Diego, students are charged $658 per year
- Golden West College - located in Huntington Beach, students are charged $686 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from crime scene investigation school in California go on to work as a crime scene investigator. 12,720 crime scene investigators were working in California in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of crime scene investigators are:
- Riverside County - 1,010 crime scene investigators
- Imperial County - 920 crime scene investigators
- El Dorado County - 620 crime scene investigators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 15,100 crime scene investigators will be working in California state. This would require the number of crime scene investigators to grow by 17%.
A crime scene investigator in California earns $90,150 per year on average. But, salaries for crime scene investigators can vary. In 2010, crime scene investigators made as little as less than $43,280 per year or as much as more than $138,760 per year in California. On average a crime scene investigator earns the most in the following California counties:
- Alameda County - $102,860 per year
- Monterey County - $97,670 per year
- Sonoma County - $95,090 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for crime scene investigators are:
- Lassen County - $64,390 per year
- Del Norte County - $66,140 per year
- Imperial County - $69,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in crime scene investigation and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in California
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in California
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in California
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||12,720||$90,150||45.2%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,710||$67,720||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in California