There are schools offering dental assistant programs in California!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.5% of California graduates receive certificates in dental assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 4,476 dental assistants graduate from California's 90 dental assistant schools.
American Career College, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, American Career College graduated 97 students from its dental assistant program.
American Career College, which is located in Anaheim, is the second-ranked school in California that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, American Career College graduated 82 students from its dental assistant program.
The third-ranked school in California that has a dental assistant program is North-West College-Glendale. North-West College-Glendale, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Glendale. In 2010, North-West College-Glendale graduated 33 students from its dental assistant programs. Students at North-West College-Glendale paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at California's dental assistant schools ranges from $16,853 per year to $644 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,846 per year. In 2010, the following California dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Everest College-Reseda - located in Reseda, students are charged $16,853 per year
- Everest College-Gardena - located in Gardena, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Everest College-Ontario - located in Ontario, students are charged $15,404 per year
The dental assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in California pursue careers as a dental assistant. California had 44,410 dental assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California dental assistants:
- Los Angeles County - 10,710 dental assistants
- Orange County - 5,250 dental assistants
- Riverside County - 3,970 dental assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental assistants is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 58,200 dental assistants working in the California then.
On average, dental assistants earn $35,290 per year. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $19,510 per year or as much as more than $60,230 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Sonoma County - $44,690 per year
- Marin County - $43,640 per year
- Alameda County - $42,970 per year
On average, dental assistants earns the least in the following California counties:
- Stanislaus County - $29,550 per year
- Los Angeles County - $31,200 per year
- Kern County - $31,340 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in California
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in California
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||4,440||$40,700||-13.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in California