There are schools offering design programs in California!
Schools Offering Design Programs in California
Stanford University, which was ranked 2nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a design program. It is located in Stanford. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Stanford University's design program. The tuition rate at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
The second-ranked school in California that has a design program is University of California-Berkeley. University of California-Berkeley, which was ranked 5th in the country in 2010, is located in Berkeley. 1 students graduated with degree in design from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. The tuition rate at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles, is the third-ranked school in California that has a design program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of California-Los Angeles graduated 55 students from its design programs. University of California-Los Angeles charged in-state students $10,781 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a California design school, average tuition will be $9,079 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $624 per year to $41,130 per year. In 2010, the following California design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Stanford University - located in Stanford, students are charged $40,172 per year
The following California design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Folsom Lake College - located in Folsom, students are charged $644 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in California
- Master's Degree in Design in California
- Doctoral Degree in Design in California
- Certificate in Design in California
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||2,770||$65,940||-17.3%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||2,330||$57,740||104.4%|
|Designers, All Other||1,290||$56,850||-33.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in California