There are schools offering educational leadership programs in California!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in California
Around 0.4% of California's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 3,231 educational leadership professonals graduate from California's 58 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in California that has a educational leadership program is University of California-Berkeley. University of California-Berkeley, which was ranked 5th in the country in 2010, is located in Berkeley. 5 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. Students at University of California-Berkeley paid $10,940 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California with a educational leadership program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. In 2010, University of California-Los Angeles graduated 16 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a educational leadership program is University of Southern California. University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 201 students graduated from University of Southern California educational leadership program. The tuition rate at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
Educational leadership schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $18,471 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,130 per year, or as little as $780 per year. The California educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
The educational leadership schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cerritos College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $780 per year
- California State University-Monterey Bay - located in Seaside, students are charged $4,721 per year
- California State University-Long Beach - located in Long Beach, students are charged $4,810 per year
An educational leadership degree from a California school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in California can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 42,800 California educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 21,970 middle school principals, 7,510 preschool directors, and 8,850 deans. The California counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Los Angeles County - 11,710 educational leadership professonals
- Alameda County - 3,450 educational leadership professonals
- Riverside County - 3,420 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in California will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 53,800 educational leadership professonals working in California. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 14% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $86,700 per year in California state. In 2010, however, some California educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $20,850 per year or as much as more than $164,840 per year. The counties in California with the highest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Madera County - $110,880 per year
- Napa County - $108,700 per year
- Tulare County - $101,707 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Lassen County - $62,465 per year
- Amador County - $65,110 per year
- Del Norte County - $70,493 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in California were:
- Middle School Principal - $105,250 per year
- Dean - $101,850 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $85,070 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in California were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $85,070 per year
- Preschool Director - $54,630 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Educational Leadership in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in California
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in California
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in California
- Certificate in Educational Leadership in California
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||21,970||$105,250||19.0%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||8,850||$101,850||-17.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||7,510||$54,630||17.5%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||4,470||$85,070||61.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in California