There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in California!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.1% of California students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. Thus, California's 19 electrical engineering schools put out approximately 729 electrical engineers each year.
California State University-Long Beach, which is located in Long Beach, is the top-ranked school in California that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from California State University-Long Beach's electrical engineering program. Students at California State University-Long Beach paid $4,810 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California with a electrical engineering program is California State Polytechnic University-Pomona, which is located in Pomona. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 19 students graduated from California State Polytechnic University-Pomona electrical engineering program. Students at California State Polytechnic University-Pomona paid $4,807 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California that has a electrical engineering program is ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop. ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Lathrop. 55 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop in 2010. ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's electrical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,754 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $4,807 per year. In 2010, the following California electrical engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Rancho Cordova - located in Rancho Cordova, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-San Bernardino - located in San Bernardino, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Oxnard - located in Oxnard, students are charged $18,048 per year
The electrical engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- California State Polytechnic University-Pomona - located in Pomona, students are charged $4,807 per year
- California State University-Long Beach - located in Long Beach, students are charged $4,810 per year
- Heald College-San Jose - located in Milpitas, students are charged $13,095 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrical engineering graduates in California pursue careers as an electrical engineer. 18,320 electrical engineers were working in California in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of electrical engineers are:
- Los Angeles County - 5,050 electrical engineers
- San Benito County - 4,410 electrical engineers
- San Diego County - 1,790 electrical engineers
On average, electrical engineers earn $99,120 per year. However, California electrical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $47,080 per year to more than $162,900 per year in 2010. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- El Dorado County - $120,670 per year
- Santa Barbara County - $112,720 per year
- San Benito County - $109,860 per year
On average, electrical engineers earns the least in the following California counties:
- Riverside County - $81,140 per year
- Shasta County - $81,840 per year
- Santa Cruz County - $84,960 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in California
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in California
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||18,870||$61,970||-16.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in California