There are schools offering electrician courses in California!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.2% of California students graduate with certificates in electrician training. That means an estimated 1,879 electricians graduate from California's 30 electrician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a electrician program is Institute for Business and Technology, which is located in Santa Clara. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. 223 students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Institute for Business and Technology in 2010.
The second-ranked school in California that has a electrician program is Everest College-San Bernardino. Everest College-San Bernardino, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in San Bernardino. 206 students graduated with certificate in electrician from Everest College-San Bernardino in 2010. The tuition rate at Everest College-San Bernardino was $12,096 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a electrician program is Wyotech-Fremont. Wyotech-Fremont, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Fremont. In 2010, 240 students graduated from Wyotech-Fremont electrician program. Tuition at Wyotech-Fremont was $16,099 per year.
Electrician schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $2,421 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,407 per year, or as little as $624 per year. In 2010, the following California electrician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Wyotech-Long Beach - located in Long Beach, students are charged $17,407 per year
- Wyotech-Fremont - located in Fremont, students are charged $16,099 per year
- Southern California Institute of Technology - located in Anaheim, students are charged $14,625 per year
The electrician schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
An electrician certificate from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrician school in California go on to work as an electrician. California had 44,130 electricians in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Los Angeles County - 9,120 electricians
- San Diego County - 5,480 electricians
- Orange County - 4,720 electricians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electricians is expected to shrink by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 63,800 electricians working in the California then.
On average, electricians earn $59,650 per year. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $23,580 per year or as much as more than $134,230 per year in California. The counties in California with the highest average salary for an electrician are:
- Del Norte County - $82,880 per year
- Amador County - $79,980 per year
- Solano County - $78,310 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for electricians:
- Tulare County - $43,100 per year
- Kings County - $45,210 per year
- Imperial County - $47,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in electrician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in California
- Certificate in Electrician Training in California
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||18,870||$61,970||-16.9%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||6,480||$57,610||22.0%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||6,240||$78,390||5.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||1,300||$76,760||75.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in California