There are schools offering elementary education degrees in California!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.1% of California students graduate with degrees in elementary education. In other words, every year an estimated 609 elementary educators graduate from California's 27 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in California with a elementary education program is Stanford University, which is located in Stanford. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. 22 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Stanford University in 2010. Tuition at Stanford University was $40,172 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a elementary education program is Biola University, which is located in La Mirada. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, Biola University graduated 42 students from its elementary education program. The tuition rate at Biola University was $28,852 per year.
Occidental College, which is located in Los Angeles, is the third-ranked school in California that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Occidental College graduated 4 students from its elementary education programs. Occidental College charged in-state students $40,939 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's elementary education schools ranges from $40,939 per year to $11,088 per year. But, the average tuition is $23,346 per year. In 2010, the following California elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Occidental College - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $40,939 per year
- Stanford University - located in Stanford, students are charged $40,172 per year
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
The following California elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- National University - located in La Jolla, students are charged $11,088 per year
- University of Phoenix-San Diego Campus - located in San Diego, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus - located in Sacramento, students are charged $12,660 per year
An elementary education degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in California go on to work as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 176,110 elementary educators working in California. In California, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 45,010 elementary educators
- Riverside County - 24,500 elementary educators
- Orange County - 13,250 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in California will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 233,400 elementary educators working in California.
An elementary educator in California earns $63,010 per year on average. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $29,610 per year or as much as more than $112,860 per year in California. An elementary educator in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Diego County - $71,480 per year
- Napa County - $69,420 per year
- Orange County - $69,230 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Kings County - $51,160 per year
- Colusa County - $53,080 per year
- Sutter County - $53,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in California
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in California
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||176,110||$63,010||-2.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||26,470||$58,970||52.0%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||21,970||$105,250||19.0%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||17,410||$64,320||0.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in California