There are schools offering ESL classes in California!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a ESL program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of California-Los Angeles' ESL program. The tuition rate at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a ESL program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 32 students graduated from University of Southern California ESL program. Tuition at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
Biola University, which is located in La Mirada, is the third-ranked school in California that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with degree in ESL from Biola University in 2010. Biola University charged in-state students $28,852 in tuition fees per year.
Esl schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $18,105 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,022 per year, or as little as $4,848 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
- University of San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $36,380 per year
The ESL schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- California State University-Los Angeles - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $4,848 per year
- San Jose State University - located in San Jose, students are charged $5,370 per year
- University of California-Los Angeles - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $10,781 per year
An ESL degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of ESL graduates in California pursue careers as an english language teacher. California had 8,240 english language teachers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California english language teachers:
- Los Angeles County - 2,020 english language teachers
- San Diego County - 900 english language teachers
- Orange County - 710 english language teachers
An english language teacher in California earns $92,650 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. english language teachers in California had varying salaries from $27,150 to $148,390 per year in 2010. An english language teacher in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Riverside County - $120,590 per year
- Fresno County - $96,290 per year
- San Benito County - $95,890 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for english language teachers:
- Marin County - $64,070 per year
- El Dorado County - $70,700 per year
- Del Norte County - $79,520 per year
For more data regarding a career in ESL in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Esl in California
- Doctoral Degree in Esl in California
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||26,470||$58,970||52.0%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||10,960||$71,510||-16.6%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||8,240||$92,650||80.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in California