There are schools offering fashion design courses in California!
Schools Offering Fashion Design Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a fashion design program is University of California-Davis, which is located in Davis. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 33 students graduated with a degree in fashion design from University of California-Davis in 2010. Students at University of California-Davis paid $11,958 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California with a fashion design program is Otis College of Art and Design, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 41 students graduated with degree in fashion design from Otis College of Art and Design in 2010. Students at Otis College of Art and Design paid $32,900 per year in tuition fees.
California State Polytechnic University-Pomona, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a fashion design program. It is located in Pomona. In 2010, 42 students graduated from California State Polytechnic University-Pomona fashion design program. Students at California State Polytechnic University-Pomona paid $4,807 per year in tuition fees.
Fashion design schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $7,668 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $35,222 per year, or as little as $624 per year. In 2010, the following California fashion design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- California College of the Arts - located in Oakland, students are charged $35,222 per year
- Otis College of Art and Design - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $32,900 per year
- Woodbury University - located in Burbank, students are charged $29,132 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California fashion design schools were charged at the following schools:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A fashion design degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California fashion design graduates become fashion designers. California had 3,990 fashion designers in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of fashion designers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 2,640 fashion designers
- Orange County - 500 fashion designers
- Marin County - 260 fashion designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of fashion designers is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,200 fashion designers working in the California then.
On average, fashion designers earn $72,500 per year. But, salaries for fashion designers can vary. In 2010, fashion designers made as little as less than $19,110 per year or as much as more than $133,270 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for fashion designers:
- Santa Cruz County - $81,040 per year
- Los Angeles County - $74,880 per year
- Orange County - $70,450 per year
On average, fashion designers earns the least in the following California counties:
- San Benito County - $56,260 per year
- San Diego County - $66,740 per year
- Marin County - $67,400 per year
For more data regarding a career in fashion design in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion merchandising or fashion design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Design in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design in California
- Master's Degree in Fashion Design in California
- Certificate in Fashion Design in California
Curious what studying Fashion Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion design related jobs in California