There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in California!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in California
Around 1.5% of California's graduates graduate from forensic nursing degree programs every year. Thus, California's 128 forensic nursing schools put out approximately 13,704 forensic nurses each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a forensic nursing program is Biola University. Biola University, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in La Mirada. In 2010, Biola University graduated 32 students from its forensic nursing program. Biola University charged in-state students $28,852 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a forensic nursing program is University of San Diego, which is located in San Diego. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 3 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from University of San Diego in 2010. Students at University of San Diego paid $37,372 per year in tuition fees.
University of San Francisco, which is located in San Francisco, is the third-ranked school in California that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 170 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from University of San Francisco in 2010. Tuition at University of San Francisco was $36,380 per year.
If you choose to attend a California forensic nursing school, average tuition will be $5,062 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $624 per year to $37,372 per year. In 2010, the following California forensic nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of San Diego - located in San Diego, students are charged $37,372 per year
- University of San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $36,380 per year
- Dominican University of California - located in San Rafael, students are charged $35,550 per year
The following California forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Copper Mountain Community College - located in Joshua Tree, students are charged $625 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. 2,260 forensic nurses were working in California in 2010. The largest populations of California forensic nurses are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 770 forensic nurses
- Marin County - 260 forensic nurses
- San Benito County - 250 forensic nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of forensic nurses in the state of California will grow to 5,000. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
On average, a forensic nurse earns a salary of $80,160 per year in California state. However, California forensic nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,540 per year to more than $122,370 per year in 2010. On average a forensic nurse earns the most in the following California counties:
- Stanislaus County - $103,910 per year
- San Benito County - $89,260 per year
- El Dorado County - $87,780 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Orange County - $59,610 per year
- Los Angeles County - $64,250 per year
- Riverside County - $71,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in California
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in California
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in California
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in California
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||27,300||$105,190||50.2%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||2,260||$80,160||22.2%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,710||$67,720||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in California