There are schools offering graphic design degrees in California!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in California
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of California receive graphic design degrees every year. That means an estimated 2,422 graphic designers graduate from California's 109 graphic design schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a graphic design program is University of Southern California, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. 11 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from University of Southern California in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
University of California-Irvine, which was ranked 17th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a graphic design program. It is located in Irvine. 2 students graduated with degree in graphic design from University of California-Irvine in 2010. Students at University of California-Irvine paid $11,232 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California with a graphic design program is Chapman University, which is located in Orange. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 19 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Chapman University in 2010. Tuition at Chapman University was $38,524 per year.
If you choose to attend a California graphic design school, average tuition will be $8,175 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $624 per year to $41,022 per year. In 2010, the following California graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
- University of San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $36,380 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A graphic design degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in California go on to work as a graphic designer. California had 26,390 graphic designers in 2010. The largest populations of California graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 9,290 graphic designers
- Orange County - 3,280 graphic designers
- Marin County - 3,100 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in California will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 43,600 graphic designers working in California.
A graphic designer in California makes an average of $57,240 per year. In 2010, however, some California graphic designers earned as little as less than $19,350 per year or as much as more than $128,280 per year. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following California counties:
- Marin County - $76,740 per year
- San Benito County - $73,600 per year
- Santa Cruz County - $57,710 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Del Norte County - $35,420 per year
- Butte County - $37,460 per year
- San Joaquin County - $39,560 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in California
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in California
- Certificate in Graphic Design in California
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in California