There are schools offering health information programs in California!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in California
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of California receive health information degrees every year. That means an estimated 507 health information technicians graduate from California's 36 health information schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a health information program is Ventura Adult and Continuing Education. Ventura Adult and Continuing Education, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Ventura. In 2010, Ventura Adult and Continuing Education graduated 10 students from its health information program.
Bryan College, which is located in Rancho Cordova, is the second-ranked school in California that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010.
West Coast University-Los Angeles, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a health information program. It is located in North Hollywood. Tuition at West Coast University-Los Angeles was $33,544 per year.
Tuition at California's health information schools ranges from $33,544 per year to $644 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,775 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- West Coast University-Los Angeles - located in North Hollywood, students are charged $33,544 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Orange - located in Orange, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-San Bernardino - located in San Bernardino, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
- San Diego Mesa College - located in San Diego, students are charged $658 per year
A health information degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in California pursue careers as a health information technician. California had 17,340 health information technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California health information technicians:
- Los Angeles County - 5,190 health information technicians
- Riverside County - 1,660 health information technicians
- San Diego County - 1,650 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in California will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 18,400 health information technicians working in California.
On average, a health information technician earns a salary of $39,520 per year in California state. In 2010, however, some California health information technicians earned as little as less than $19,900 per year or as much as more than $66,590 per year. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- San Benito County - $46,850 per year
- Monterey County - $43,890 per year
- Napa County - $43,670 per year
A health information technician in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Del Norte County - $29,820 per year
- Shasta County - $30,590 per year
- Stanislaus County - $32,990 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information in California
- Certificate in Health Information in California
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||17,340||$39,520||23.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in California