There are schools offering hotel management degrees in California!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in California
Around 0.0% of California's graduates graduate from hotel management degree programs every year. That means an estimated 43 hotel managers graduate from California's 16 hotel management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a hotel management program is City College of San Francisco. City College of San Francisco, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in San Francisco. 10 students graduated with a degree in hotel management from City College of San Francisco in 2010. Tuition at City College of San Francisco was $734 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a hotel management program is Orange Coast College, which is located in Costa Mesa. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. In 2010, Orange Coast College graduated 1 students from its hotel management program. The tuition rate at Orange Coast College was $686 per year.
Diablo Valley College, which is located in Pleasant Hill, is the third-ranked school in California that has a hotel management program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Diablo Valley College was $738 per year.
If you choose to attend a California hotel management school, average tuition will be $672 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $624 per year to $818 per year. In 2010, the following California hotel management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Oxnard College - located in Oxnard, students are charged $818 per year
- Long Beach City College - located in Long Beach, students are charged $802 per year
- Southwestern College - located in Chula Vista, students are charged $772 per year
The hotel management schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
- San Diego Mesa College - located in San Diego, students are charged $658 per year
A hotel management degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California hotel management graduates become hotel managers. California had 3,920 hotel managers in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of hotel managers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 620 hotel managers
- Marin County - 450 hotel managers
- San Diego County - 450 hotel managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of hotel managers in the state of California will grow to 8,600. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
On average, hotel managers earn $56,010 per year. However, California hotel managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,110 per year to more than $121,990 per year in 2010. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Sonoma County - $71,620 per year
- Marin County - $63,560 per year
- San Benito County - $63,050 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Del Norte County - $36,450 per year
- Fresno County - $42,300 per year
- San Luis Obispo County - $43,610 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in hotel management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or hotel management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in California
- Certificate in Hotel Management in California
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in California