There are schools offering interior design programs in California!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in California
California State University-Long Beach, which is located in Long Beach, is the top-ranked school in California that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with a degree in interior design from California State University-Long Beach in 2010. Students at California State University-Long Beach paid $4,810 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California that has a interior design program is San Francisco State University. San Francisco State University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in San Francisco. In 2010, San Francisco State University graduated 38 students from its interior design program. Students at San Francisco State University paid $5,014 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California that has a interior design program is San Jose State University. San Jose State University, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in San Jose. 34 students graduated with degree in interior design from San Jose State University in 2010. The tuition rate at San Jose State University was $5,370 per year.
Tuition at California's interior design schools ranges from $35,222 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,544 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- California College of the Arts - located in Oakland, students are charged $35,222 per year
- Point Loma Nazarene University - located in San Diego, students are charged $27,100 per year
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $25,536 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Santa Monica College - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $652 per year
An interior design degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California interior design graduates become interior designers. If you decide to work as an interior designer in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,360 California interior designers as of 2010. In California, the largest numbers of interior designers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 1,680 interior designers
- Marin County - 880 interior designers
- Orange County - 770 interior designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of interior designers in the state of California will grow to 9,700. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
An interior designer in California makes an average of $56,240 per year. In 2010, however, some California interior designers earned as little as less than $20,030 per year or as much as more than $106,060 per year. An interior designer in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Marin County - $67,240 per year
- Santa Barbara County - $65,630 per year
- Sonoma County - $64,220 per year
An interior designer in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alameda County - $43,390 per year
- Fresno County - $46,280 per year
- San Diego County - $48,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in interior design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as design or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in California
- Master's Degree in Interior Design in California
- Certificate in Interior Design in California
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in California