There are schools offering international business degrees in California!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.2% of California graduates receive degrees in international business. In other words, every year an estimated 1,815 international business professionals graduate from California's 62 international business schools.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the top-ranked school in California that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with a degree in international business from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. Tuition at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
The second-ranked school in California that has a international business program is University of California-Los Angeles. University of California-Los Angeles, which was ranked 5th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 85 students graduated from University of California-Los Angeles international business program. The tuition rate at University of California-Los Angeles was $10,781 per year.
The third-ranked school in California with a international business program is University of Southern California, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. 76 students graduated with degree in international business from University of Southern California in 2010. Students at University of Southern California paid $41,022 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a California international business school, average tuition will be $12,809 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $652 per year to $41,130 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California international business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pitzer College - located in Claremont, students are charged $41,130 per year
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Scripps College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,450 per year
The international business schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Santa Monica College - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $652 per year
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
- Santa Ana College - located in Santa Ana, students are charged $658 per year
An international business degree from a California school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs international business graduates in California pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. If you decide to work as an international business professional in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 377,620 California international business professional as of 2010. This number includes 68,450 business analysts, 30,980 chief executive officers, and 226,480 operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of California international business professionals:
- Los Angeles County - 107,120 international business professionals
- Orange County - 40,930 international business professionals
- San Diego County - 35,070 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 465,700 international business professionals working in California then. Of these 465,700 international business professionals, the government predicts that 116,200 will be business analysts, 45,800 will be chief executive officers, and 246,000 will be operations managers.
On average, international business professionals earn a salary of $102,693 per year in California state. But, salaries for international business professional can vary. In 2010, international business professional made as little as less than $20,640 per year or as much as more than $166,190 per year in California. International business professionals in the following California counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Napa County - $116,755 per year
- San Benito County - $115,337 per year
- Alameda County - $109,660 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for international business professionals are:
- Del Norte County - $69,362 per year
- Lassen County - $76,448 per year
- Imperial County - $79,324 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in California were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $198,710 per year
- Operations Manager - $128,440 per year
- Business Professor - $104,210 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in California were:
- Purchasing Agent - $64,060 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $55,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in international business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in California
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in California
- Master's Degree in International Business in California
- Doctoral Degree in International Business in California
- Certificate in International Business in California
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||29,920||$64,060||-5.9%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||14,120||$55,470||-14.6%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||6,850||$104,210||47.3%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||820||$75,900||-29.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in California