There are schools offering LPN programs in California!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a LPN program is St. Francis Career College, which is located in Lynwood. In 2010, it was ranked 58th nationwide. In 2010, St. Francis Career College graduated 113 students from its LPN program.
The second-ranked school in California with a LPN program is North-West College-Glendale, which is located in Glendale. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 26 students graduated from North-West College-Glendale LPN program.
Stanbridge College, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a LPN program. It is located in Irvine. Stanbridge College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's LPN schools ranges from $14,823 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $665 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California LPN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Anaheim - located in Anaheim, students are charged $14,823 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Visalia - located in Visalia, students are charged $12,925 per year
- Cuesta College - located in San Luis Obispo, students are charged $860 per year
The following California LPN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Copper Mountain Community College - located in Joshua Tree, students are charged $625 per year
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A LPN certificate from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LPN school in California go on to work as a licensed practical nurse. 62,850 licensed practical nurses were working in California in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Los Angeles County - 19,410 licensed practical nurses
- Riverside County - 5,980 licensed practical nurses
- San Diego County - 5,490 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed practical nurses in California will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 76,900 licensed practical nurses working in California.
A licensed practical nurse in California makes an average of $50,490 per year. However, this number is only an average. licensed practical nurses in California had varying salaries from $32,490 to $74,570 per year in 2010. A licensed practical nurse in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Sonoma County - $58,460 per year
- Monterey County - $58,330 per year
- Marin County - $58,000 per year
On average, licensed practical nurses earns the least in the following California counties:
- Tulare County - $45,260 per year
- Riverside County - $45,440 per year
- Colusa County - $45,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in California
- Certificate in Nursing in California
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||62,850||$50,490||19.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in California