There are schools offering management courses in California!
Schools Offering Management Programs in California
University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a management program. It is located in Los Angeles. 44 students graduated with a degree in management from University of Southern California in 2010. Tuition at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
University of California-Davis, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a management program. It is located in Davis. In 2010, University of California-Davis graduated 325 students from its management program. The tuition rate at University of California-Davis was $11,958 per year.
The third-ranked school in California with a management program is Claremont McKenna College, which is located in Claremont. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in management from Claremont McKenna College in 2010. Claremont McKenna College charged in-state students $40,230 in tuition fees per year.
Management schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $7,487 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,022 per year, or as little as $624 per year. The California management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Claremont McKenna College - located in Claremont, students are charged $40,230 per year
- Mills College - located in Oakland, students are charged $37,485 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California management schools were charged at the following schools:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A management degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in California pursue careers as a manager. California had 226,480 managers in 2010. The largest populations of California managers are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 64,870 managers
- Orange County - 24,530 managers
- San Diego County - 20,020 managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of managers in the state of California will shrink to 246,000. This would require a -2% decline in the profession.
On average, a manager earns a salary of $128,440 per year in California state. However, this number is only an average. managers in California had varying salaries from $40,080 to $154,080 per year in 2010. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for managers:
- San Benito County - $152,850 per year
- Marin County - $148,570 per year
- Orange County - $133,560 per year
On average, managers earns the least in the following California counties:
- Colusa County - $87,060 per year
- Del Norte County - $88,010 per year
- Imperial County - $91,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in California
- Master's Degree in Management in California
- Certificate in Management in California
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||117,310||$41,970||-2.4%|
|Managers, All Other||38,170||$122,380||-6.9%|
|Food Service Managers||30,100||$52,030||2.0%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||27,300||$105,190||50.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||25,070||$74,010||-39.0%|
|Industrial Production Managers||16,750||$102,040||-7.8%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||6,320||$116,020||21.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in California