There are schools offering MBA programs in California!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California that has a MBA program is Stanford University. Stanford University, which was ranked 2nd in the country in 2010, is located in Stanford. In 2010, Stanford University graduated 365 students from its MBA program. Stanford University charged in-state students $40,172 in tuition fees per year.
University of California-Berkeley, which is located in Berkeley, is the second-ranked school in California that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. 869 students graduated with degree in MBA from University of California-Berkeley in 2010. The tuition rate at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
The third-ranked school in California with a MBA program is University of California-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. 733 students graduated with degree in MBA from University of California-Los Angeles in 2010. University of California-Los Angeles charged in-state students $10,781 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's MBA schools ranges from $41,022 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,924 per year. The California MBA schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Stanford University - located in Stanford, students are charged $40,172 per year
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
The MBA schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
A MBA degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from MBA school in California go on to work as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 226,480 California general managers as of 2010. In California, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 64,870 general managers
- Orange County - 24,530 general managers
- San Diego County - 20,020 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -2% by 2018. There are projected to be 246,000 general managers working in the California then.
A general manager in California makes an average of $128,440 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $40,080 per year or as much as more than $154,080 per year in California. A general manager in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $152,850 per year
- Marin County - $148,570 per year
- Orange County - $133,560 per year
A general manager in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Colusa County - $87,060 per year
- Del Norte County - $88,010 per year
- Imperial County - $91,210 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in California
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in California
- Certificate in Business Administration in California
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in California