There are schools offering medical assistant programs in California!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in California
Around 2.4% of California's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 21,137 medical assistants graduate from California's 184 medical assistant schools.
University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, 43 students graduated from University of Southern California's medical assistant program. The tuition rate at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
American Career College, which is located in Los Angeles, is the second-ranked school in California that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. 496 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from American Career College in 2010.
American Career College, which is located in Anaheim, is the third-ranked school in California that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. 409 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from American Career College in 2010. American Career College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's medical assistant schools ranges from $41,022 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,699 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Wyotech-Long Beach - located in Long Beach, students are charged $17,407 per year
- Everest College-Reseda - located in Reseda, students are charged $16,853 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a California school... what next?
A large number of California medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 83,000 California medical assistants as of 2010. In California, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 24,150 medical assistants
- Orange County - 7,730 medical assistants
- San Diego County - 7,640 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of California will grow to 99,400. This would require a 30% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in California earns $31,260 per year on average. In 2010, however, some California medical assistants earned as little as less than $18,520 per year or as much as more than $63,910 per year. A medical assistant in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Marin County - $38,450 per year
- Solano County - $38,100 per year
- Monterey County - $37,290 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Merced County - $24,410 per year
- Kings County - $26,390 per year
- Imperial County - $26,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in California
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in California
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in California
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in California