There are schools offering ministry degrees in California!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in California
Biola University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a ministry program. It is located in La Mirada. In 2010, Biola University graduated 47 students from its ministry program. Biola University charged in-state students $28,852 in tuition fees per year.
Pepperdine University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a ministry program. It is located in Malibu. 4 students graduated with degree in ministry from Pepperdine University in 2010. The tuition rate at Pepperdine University was $39,080 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a ministry program is William Jessup University. William Jessup University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Rocklin. Students at William Jessup University paid $19,980 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's ministry schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,066 per year, though tuition can range from $39,080 per year to $4,420 per year. In 2010, the ministry schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
- Biola University - located in La Mirada, students are charged $28,852 per year
- Azusa Pacific University - located in Azusa, students are charged $28,800 per year
The ministry schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- World Mission University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $4,420 per year
- Bethesda Christian University - located in Anaheim, students are charged $7,620 per year
- King's University - located in Van Nuys, students are charged $9,600 per year
A ministry degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ministry school in California go on to work as a minister. If you decide to work as a minister in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,330 California ministers as of 2010. In California, the largest numbers of ministers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 940 ministers
- Riverside County - 600 ministers
- Marin County - 520 ministers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of ministers is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,000 ministers working in the California then.
On average, a minister earns a salary of $60,260 per year in California state. But, salaries for ministers can vary. In 2010, ministers made as little as less than $19,480 per year or as much as more than $116,610 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for ministers:
- Los Angeles County - $71,320 per year
- Santa Barbara County - $71,220 per year
- Orange County - $63,720 per year
A minister in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Lassen County - $42,350 per year
- Kern County - $45,640 per year
- Stanislaus County - $48,240 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in ministry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as christian counseling or theology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in California
- Master's Degree in Ministry in California
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||2,770||$42,210||6.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in California