There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in California!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.1% of California graduates receive certificates in nurse assisting. That means an estimated 1,042 nursing assistants graduate from California's 24 nursing assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a nursing assistant program is St. Francis Career College. St. Francis Career College, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Lynwood. 24 students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from St. Francis Career College in 2010.
West Coast Ultrasound Institute, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Beverly Hills. In 2010, 28 students graduated from West Coast Ultrasound Institute nursing assistant program. Tuition at West Coast Ultrasound Institute was $21,275 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a nursing assistant program is Martinez Adult Education. Martinez Adult Education, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Martinez. In 2010, Martinez Adult Education graduated 41 students from its nursing assistant programs. The tuition rate at Martinez Adult Education was $0 per year.
Nursing assistant schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $1,380 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,275 per year, or as little as $624 per year. In 2010, the following California nursing assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute - located in Beverly Hills, students are charged $21,275 per year
- Bakersfield College - located in Bakersfield, students are charged $766 per year
- Merritt College - located in Oakland, students are charged $766 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- MiraCosta College - located in Oceanside, students are charged $668 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of nursing assistant graduates in California pursue careers as a nursing assistant. In 2010, there were 106,240 nursing assistants working in California. In California, the largest numbers of nursing assistants work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 32,150 nursing assistants
- Orange County - 8,980 nursing assistants
- Riverside County - 8,580 nursing assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nursing assistants in the state of California will grow to 130,800. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
A nursing assistant in California earns $27,920 per year on average. In 2010, however, some California nursing assistants earned as little as less than $17,620 per year or as much as more than $50,450 per year. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- San Benito County - $34,660 per year
- Marin County - $34,610 per year
- Alameda County - $33,480 per year
A nursing assistant in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Tulare County - $22,140 per year
- Butte County - $24,490 per year
- Kings County - $24,580 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in California
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||106,240||$27,920||7.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in California