There are schools offering nutrition degrees in California!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in California
University of California-Berkeley, which was ranked 5th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a nutrition program. It is located in Berkeley. In 2010, University of California-Berkeley graduated 76 students from its nutrition program. The tuition rate at University of California-Berkeley was $10,940 per year.
University of California-Davis, which is located in Davis, is the second-ranked school in California that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of California-Davis graduated 179 students from its nutrition program. University of California-Davis charged in-state students $11,958 in tuition fees per year.
Pepperdine University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a nutrition program. It is located in Malibu. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Pepperdine University nutrition program. Pepperdine University charged in-state students $39,080 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's nutrition schools ranges from $39,080 per year to $644 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,694 per year. In 2010, the nutrition schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
- Point Loma Nazarene University - located in San Diego, students are charged $27,100 per year
The following California nutrition schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
- Fresno City College - located in Fresno, students are charged $658 per year
A nutrition degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California nutrition graduates become nutritionists. If you decide to work as a nutritionist in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,390 California nutritionists as of 2010. The largest populations of California nutritionists are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 1,520 nutritionists
- El Dorado County - 520 nutritionists
- Alameda County - 450 nutritionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,900 nutritionists will be working in California state. This would require the number of nutritionists to grow by 11%.
On average, a nutritionist earns a salary of $65,020 per year in California state. However, this number is only an average. nutritionists in California had varying salaries from $29,010 to $98,680 per year in 2010. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a nutritionist are:
- San Benito County - $77,860 per year
- Shasta County - $72,260 per year
- El Dorado County - $68,230 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Kern County - $54,770 per year
- Tulare County - $60,110 per year
- Del Norte County - $60,300 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in California
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in California
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in California
- Certificate in Nutrition in California
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||5,390||$65,020||13.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in California