There are schools offering paralegal programs in California!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in California
University of San Diego, which is located in San Diego, is the top-ranked school in California that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 210 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from University of San Diego in 2010. University of San Diego charged in-state students $37,372 in tuition fees per year.
University of La Verne, which is located in La Verne, is the second-ranked school in California that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of La Verne graduated 1 students from its paralegal program. Tuition at University of La Verne was $29,800 per year.
Platt College-Los Angeles, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a paralegal program. It is located in Alhambra. In 2010, Platt College-Los Angeles graduated 53 students from its paralegal programs. Students at Platt College-Los Angeles paid $17,991 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,123 per year, though tuition can range from $37,372 per year to $634 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of San Diego - located in San Diego, students are charged $37,372 per year
- Saint Marys College of California - located in Moraga, students are charged $35,430 per year
- University of La Verne - located in La Verne, students are charged $29,800 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
A paralegal degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in California go on to work as a paralegal. If you decide to work as a paralegal in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 27,260 California paralegals as of 2010. In California, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 7,790 paralegals
- Marin County - 3,460 paralegals
- Orange County - 3,180 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of California will grow to 33,800. This would require a 19% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in California earns $59,790 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. paralegals in California had varying salaries from $18,660 to $101,830 per year in 2010. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Marin County - $66,520 per year
- San Benito County - $65,280 per year
- Riverside County - $62,340 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- Butte County - $36,090 per year
- Amador County - $38,250 per year
- Imperial County - $40,650 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in California
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in California
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||27,260||$59,790||11.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in California