There are schools offering paramedic programs in California!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in California
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of California receive paramedic training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,051 paramedics graduate from California's 33 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in California that has a paramedic program is Pacific Union College. Pacific Union College, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Angwin. 3 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Pacific Union College in 2010. The tuition rate at Pacific Union College was $25,221 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a paramedic program is Charles A. Jones Skills and Business Education Center, which is located in Sacramento. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Charles A. Jones Skills and Business Education Center graduated 89 students from its paramedic program.
The third-ranked school in California with a paramedic program is University of Antelope Valley, which is located in Lancaster. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, University of Antelope Valley graduated 0 students from its paramedic programs. University of Antelope Valley charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's paramedic schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,408 per year, though tuition can range from $25,221 per year to $624 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pacific Union College - located in Angwin, students are charged $25,221 per year
- Foothill College - located in Los Altos, students are charged $894 per year
- Cuesta College - located in San Luis Obispo, students are charged $860 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A paramedic certificate from a California school... what next?
A large number of California paramedic graduates become paramedics. California had 15,220 paramedics in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of paramedics are:
- Los Angeles County - 3,200 paramedics
- Riverside County - 1,950 paramedics
- Orange County - 1,320 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in California will grow by 30%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 18,700 paramedics working in California.
A paramedic in California earns $36,140 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in California had varying salaries from $18,460 to $91,550 per year in 2010. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following California counties:
- Marin County - $50,950 per year
- Imperial County - $48,950 per year
- Madera County - $45,790 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butte County - $26,220 per year
- Tulare County - $28,000 per year
- Fresno County - $28,590 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in California
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in California
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||15,220||$36,140||27.2%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||1,280||$28,670||33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in California