There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in California!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.5% of California graduates receive certificates in pharmacy technician training. In other words, every year an estimated 4,728 pharmacy technicians graduate from California's 86 pharmacy technician schools.
The top-ranked school in California that has a pharmacy technician program is American Career College. American Career College, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, American Career College graduated 301 students from its pharmacy technician program.
The second-ranked school in California with a pharmacy technician program is American Career College, which is located in Anaheim. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, American Career College graduated 257 students from its pharmacy technician program.
The third-ranked school in California that has a pharmacy technician program is TechSkills of Sacramento. TechSkills of Sacramento, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Sacramento. In 2010, TechSkills of Sacramento graduated 27 students from its pharmacy technician programs. TechSkills of Sacramento charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,003 per year, though tuition can range from $16,853 per year to $644 per year. The California pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest College-Reseda - located in Reseda, students are charged $16,853 per year
- Everest College-Gardena - located in Gardena, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Everest College-Ontario - located in Ontario, students are charged $15,404 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Santa Ana College - located in Santa Ana, students are charged $658 per year
- West Los Angeles College - located in Culver City, students are charged $700 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a California school... what next?
A large number of California pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. 29,270 pharmacy technicians were working in California in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California pharmacy technicians:
- Los Angeles County - 6,510 pharmacy technicians
- Riverside County - 3,190 pharmacy technicians
- Orange County - 3,070 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in California will grow by 28%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 35,700 pharmacy technicians working in California.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $37,280 per year. In 2010, however, some California pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $19,750 per year or as much as more than $59,060 per year. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- San Benito County - $41,940 per year
- Alameda County - $41,110 per year
- Santa Cruz County - $40,510 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Colusa County - $33,490 per year
- Fresno County - $33,770 per year
- Imperial County - $34,410 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in California
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in California
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in California