There are schools offering radiology technician programs in California!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in California
West Coast Ultrasound Institute, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Beverly Hills. 54 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from West Coast Ultrasound Institute in 2010. Tuition at West Coast Ultrasound Institute was $21,275 per year.
Modern Technology School, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Fountain Valley. In 2010, Modern Technology School graduated 61 students from its radiology technician program.
The third-ranked school in California with a radiology technician program is Kaplan College, which is located in North Hollywood. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, Kaplan College graduated 136 students from its radiology technician programs. Tuition at Kaplan College was $0 per year.
Tuition at California's radiology technician schools ranges from $21,275 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,782 per year. The California radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute - located in Beverly Hills, students are charged $21,275 per year
- Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $11,300 per year
- Central California School - located in San Luis Obispo, students are charged $9,741 per year
The following California radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
A radiology technician degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in California pursue careers as a radiology technician. 16,350 radiology technicians were working in California in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 4,290 radiology technicians
- Orange County - 1,580 radiology technicians
- San Diego County - 1,470 radiology technicians
The government projects that the number of radiology technicians in California will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 19,400 radiology technicians working in California.
On average, radiology technicians earn $66,040 per year. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a radiology technician are:
- San Benito County - $82,200 per year
- Alameda County - $77,150 per year
- Napa County - $76,720 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for radiology technicians are:
- Imperial County - $51,930 per year
- Shasta County - $54,150 per year
- Ventura County - $59,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in California
- Certificate in Radiology in California
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||24,590||$191,650||29.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in California