There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in California!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in California
Around 0.2% of California's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,474 respiratory therapists graduate from California's 34 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in California with a respiratory therapy program is American Career College, which is located in Anaheim. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, American Career College graduated 35 students from its respiratory therapy program.
Concorde Career Colleges, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in San Diego. In 2010, Concorde Career Colleges graduated 48 students from its respiratory therapy program.
American Career College, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Ontario. American Career College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $2,007 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,880 per year, or as little as $634 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Valley College-Rancho Cucamonga - located in Rancho Cucamonga, students are charged $14,880 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield - located in Bakersfield, students are charged $13,418 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Rancho Cordova - located in Rancho Cordova, students are charged $13,415 per year
The following California respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in California go on to work as a respiratory therapist. 12,570 respiratory therapists were working in California in 2010. The largest populations of California respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 3,690 respiratory therapists
- Riverside County - 1,320 respiratory therapists
- Orange County - 1,230 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of California will grow to 15,700. This would require a 26% growth in the profession.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $67,970 per year. But, salaries for respiratory therapists can vary. In 2010, respiratory therapists made as little as less than $43,040 per year or as much as more than $113,940 per year in California. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a respiratory therapist are:
- Monterey County - $88,780 per year
- San Benito County - $81,240 per year
- Sonoma County - $74,310 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Riverside County - $62,390 per year
- San Diego County - $63,470 per year
- Butte County - $63,730 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in California
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in California
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||830||$52,880||-17.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in California