There are schools offering school psychology programs in California!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.0% of California students graduate with degrees in school psychology. That means an estimated 273 school psychologists graduate from California's 11 school psychology schools each year.
University of Southern California, which is located in Los Angeles, is the top-ranked school in California that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 7th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in school psychology from University of Southern California in 2010. University of Southern California charged in-state students $41,022 in tuition fees per year.
Chapman University, which is located in Orange, is the second-ranked school in California that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Chapman University graduated 37 students from its school psychology program. Chapman University charged in-state students $38,524 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in California with a school psychology program is University of the Pacific, which is located in Stockton. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, University of the Pacific graduated 8 students from its school psychology programs. The tuition rate at University of the Pacific was $34,100 per year.
Tuition at California's school psychology schools ranges from $41,022 per year to $4,879 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,174 per year. In 2010, the school psychology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in California were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
The school psychology schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- California State University-Fresno - located in Fresno, students are charged $4,879 per year
- National University - located in La Jolla, students are charged $11,088 per year
- La Sierra University - located in Riverside, students are charged $25,881 per year
A school psychology degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of school psychology graduates in California pursue careers as a school psychologist. California had 15,510 school psychologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California school psychologists:
- Los Angeles County - 4,250 school psychologists
- Alameda County - 1,660 school psychologists
- San Diego County - 1,590 school psychologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of school psychologists in the state of California will grow to 23,800. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, a school psychologist earns a salary of $82,770 per year in California state. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $26,650 per year or as much as more than $161,780 per year in California. A school psychologist in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Kings County - $110,330 per year
- Monterey County - $104,420 per year
- Kern County - $101,970 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Butte County - $69,900 per year
- Ventura County - $72,330 per year
- Lassen County - $72,600 per year
For more data regarding a career in school psychology in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in California
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in California
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||15,510||$82,770||11.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in California