There are schools offering small business classes in California!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.0% of California graduates receive degrees in entrepreneurship. That means an estimated 342 small business professionals graduate from California's 54 small business schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a small business program is University of San Francisco, which is located in San Francisco. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 26 students graduated with a degree in small business from University of San Francisco in 2010. University of San Francisco charged in-state students $36,380 in tuition fees per year.
California Lutheran University, which is located in Thousand Oaks, is the second-ranked school in California that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, California Lutheran University graduated 8 students from its small business program. Students at California Lutheran University paid $31,000 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in California that has a small business program is University of La Verne. University of La Verne, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in La Verne. In 2010, 157 students graduated from University of La Verne small business program. University of La Verne charged in-state students $29,800 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's small business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,355 per year, though tuition can range from $36,380 per year to $644 per year. In 2010, the following California small business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $36,380 per year
- California Lutheran University - located in Thousand Oaks, students are charged $31,000 per year
- University of La Verne - located in La Verne, students are charged $29,800 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California small business schools were charged at the following schools:
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Folsom Lake College - located in Folsom, students are charged $644 per year
A small business degree from a California school... what next?
The California counties with the largest populations of small business professional are:
- Los Angeles County - 64,870 small business professionals
- Orange County - 24,530 small business professionals
- San Diego County - 20,020 small business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 246,000 small business professionals will be working in California state. This would require the number of small business professionals to shrink by -2%.
On average, small business professionals earn $128,440 per year. However, California small business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $40,080 per year to more than $154,080 per year in 2010. Small business professionals in the following California counties make the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $152,850 per year
- Marin County - $148,570 per year
- Orange County - $133,560 per year
On average, small business professionals earn the least in the following California counties:
- Colusa County - $87,060 per year
- Del Norte County - $88,010 per year
- Imperial County - $91,210 per year
The small business professionals with highest average salaries in California were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $128,440 per year
The small business professionals with lowest average salaries in California were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $128,440 per year
For more data regarding a career in entrepreneurship in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or marketing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Entrepreneurship in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship in California
- Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship in California
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship in California
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||226,480||$128,440||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in California