There are schools offering sonography programs in California!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California that has a sonography program is American Career College. American Career College, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Ontario. In 2010, American Career College graduated 13 students from its sonography program.
The second-ranked school in California that has a sonography program is Lincoln University. Lincoln University, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Oakland. In 2010, Lincoln University graduated 1 students from its sonography program. Tuition at Lincoln University was $9,210 per year.
Casa Loma College-Van Nuys, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a sonography program. It is located in Van Nuys. In 2010, Casa Loma College-Van Nuys graduated 0 students from its sonography programs. Casa Loma College-Van Nuys charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a California sonography school, average tuition will be $3,100 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $656 per year to $21,275 per year. The California sonography schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute - located in Beverly Hills, students are charged $21,275 per year
- National Polytechnic College - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $14,275 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield - located in Bakersfield, students are charged $13,418 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California sonography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
- Merced College - located in Merced, students are charged $658 per year
- Orange Coast College - located in Costa Mesa, students are charged $686 per year
A sonography certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of sonography graduates in California pursue careers as a sonographer. If you decide to work as a sonographer in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,280 California sonographers as of 2010. The largest populations of California sonographers are working in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 1,690 sonographers
- Orange County - 590 sonographers
- San Diego County - 420 sonographers
The government projects that the number of sonographers in California will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,200 sonographers working in California.
On average, a sonographer earns a salary of $77,260 per year in California state. In 2010, however, some California sonographers earned as little as less than $39,510 per year or as much as more than $131,300 per year. A sonographer in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $100,240 per year
- Monterey County - $98,590 per year
- Marin County - $91,380 per year
On average, sonographers earns the least in the following California counties:
- Los Angeles County - $69,730 per year
- Kern County - $70,180 per year
- Shasta County - $70,360 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in sonography. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in California
- Certificate in Sonography in California
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||5,280||$77,260||69.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in California