There are schools offering sports management degrees in California!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in California
University of San Francisco, which is located in San Francisco, is the top-ranked school in California that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 86 students graduated with a degree in sports management from University of San Francisco in 2010. The tuition rate at University of San Francisco was $36,380 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a sports management program is University of the Pacific, which is located in Stockton. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from University of the Pacific sports management program. The tuition rate at University of the Pacific was $34,100 per year.
Fresno Pacific University, which is located in Fresno, is the third-ranked school in California that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Fresno Pacific University was $23,898 per year.
If you choose to attend a California sports management school, average tuition will be $17,102 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $656 per year to $36,380 per year. In 2010, the following California sports management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of San Francisco - located in San Francisco, students are charged $36,380 per year
- Saint Marys College of California - located in Moraga, students are charged $35,430 per year
- University of the Pacific - located in Stockton, students are charged $34,100 per year
The following California sports management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
- Diablo Valley College - located in Pleasant Hill, students are charged $738 per year
A sports management degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California sports management graduates become sports managers. In 2010, there were 38,170 sports managers working in California. In California, the largest numbers of sports managers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 12,550 sports managers
- Marin County - 4,200 sports managers
- San Benito County - 3,680 sports managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of sports managers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 120,800 sports managers working in the California then.
A sports manager in California makes an average of $122,380 per year. However, California sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $36,510 per year to more than $164,820 per year in 2010. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for sports managers:
- San Benito County - $141,710 per year
- Marin County - $133,750 per year
- Los Angeles County - $132,070 per year
On average, sports managers earns the least in the following California counties:
- Stanislaus County - $83,630 per year
- San Joaquin County - $87,480 per year
- Fresno County - $92,410 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports management in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in California
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in California
- Certificate in Sports Management in California
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||38,170||$122,380||-6.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in California